- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Who benefits from an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)?
- What are the considerations of a tummy tuck?
- What are the types of tummy tucks?
- How to choose a plastic surgeon for your abdominoplasty
- The procedure for a tummy tuck
- Recovery and aftercare of a tummy tuck
- Some questions answered
What are the considerations of a tummy tuck?
There are pros and cons to weigh up if you are considering having a tummy tuck, these are however dependent on your own reasons for having the procedure done. Your plastic surgeon is most likely to outline these for you during your first consultation. These are:
- An abdominoplasty is able to restore a flabby abdominal area to a flat tummy.
- You will feel and look better in swimming costumes and clothes.
- Your body contour will be more youthful.
- You will have a scar on your lower abdominal/pubic area.
- Should you fall pregnant after the surgery, it may reverse the effects of the surgery.
- Weight gain after the surgery will have negative effects on the results - have a look at our article on exercises for a flat tummy.