- How did Botox begin?
- How is Botox administered and what wrinkles does Botox treat?
- How long does a Botox injection last?
- The sites on the body where Botox will work best
- Candidates for Botox
- Side effects and complications of Botox
- Medical and cosmetic uses of Botox
- Some questions about Botox answered
The sites on the body where Botox will work best
There are a number of areas on the body where cosmetic Botox can be beneficial. These being:
- The upper face –between and around the eyes (11 lines and crow’s feet) and forehead (forehead lines) are the most common
- Wrinkles on the side of nose (known as bunny lines)
- Neck (to stop spasms)
- Breasts (occasionally used for breast lifts – this is done by injecting the pectoralis minor chest
- Muscle which stops it from contracting, forcing the back muscles to compensate by lifting the breast area).
- Under the armpits for eliminating excessive sweating – here the Botox blocks the
- signals that stimulate the sweat glands.
- Facial acne – Botox can decrease the secretion of sebum (natural oils)