Here are a few tips to maintain healthy bowel movements:
- Drink a healthy amount of water. Around 6-8 glasses a day should be sufficient.
- Make sure you eat enough fibre rich foods such as wholegrain bread and cereals, fruits and vegetables.
- Eat probiotic foods such as yogurt or take a probiotic supplement to keep the bacteria in your bowels balanced, happy and healthy.
- Get a good amount of exercise to increase your blood flow and help move everything along.
- Avoid stress if you can, as it can lead to constipation or diarrhoea.