- What is a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)?
- Who benefits from an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)?
- What are the considerations of a tummy tuck?
- What are the types of tummy tucks?
- How to choose a plastic surgeon for your abdominoplasty
- The procedure for a tummy tuck
- Recovery and aftercare of a tummy tuck
- Some questions answered
What is a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)?
A tummy tuck or stomach tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgery used to tighten and reshape your abdominal area. The surgery results in your tummy being flattened and toned as the excess skin is eliminated, fat is removed and the muscles of the abdominal wall are tightened.
A tummy tuck is a popular procedure, with both men and women undergoing the surgery. It is best suited for those whose bodies have changed dramatically through extreme loss of weight or pregnancy. The surgery can result in a boost in self-esteem and body image, improving your confidence and comfortability in your own skin.